01
About the House
In 1859, John Bosco founded the Salesians of Don Bosco to serve poor and abandoned boys. At Mary Help of Christians’ urging, he turned his attention to girls as well, and with Maria Domenica Mazzarello as co-foundress, began the Congregation of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians — the Salesian Sisters carrying that mission forward today.
The Maradiyur house, known as Auxilium Preethi Nivas, extends this charism into Periyapatna Taluk, animating the parish, running a kindergarten and vocational training centre, and supporting self-help groups, families and youth across the area.
Persuaded that the poor and the abandoned include daughters as much as sons, the work begun for boys was widened — so that no child would be left without a home.
Founding charism, Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco